Monday 24 March 2008

World Citizen?

Will any of my readers feel offended if I call myself World Citizen? I hope not. It is just a pen name. World is not my real first name. I am not Miss World. Nor Mr. Citizen, a title of high esteem. I am just WC.
Why do I want to use a pen name? There is nothing sinister about that.
Firstly I just want a name that is free of any connotation of gender, religious background, and ethnicity. I could have used a number, I guess.
Secondly, we can play this game of profiling someone based on his/her writings. Have you ever met someone and then wonder what the person’s background is? I did that on a couple of occasions and found that my assumptions were all incorrect.
World Citizen was surprisingly available. I took the name at the spur of the moment. So that was it.
I am just the average World Citizen. I will be comfortable with WC.
I do not intend to offend anyone with what I write. If you find anything offensive, I will be happy to remove the particular posting or edit what I wrote.
Till next time.

No comments: