Thursday 27 March 2008

Travel - My Favourite Places (1)

This is a topic that everyone should join in and have a say. I am just as interested in knowing what your favourite places are. So tell us about the nice places in the world.
I have done some traveling, but not as much as a lot of people.
In every country, I am sure there are at least a few very nice places. Usually, if you stay long enough, you will appreciate the places. Best of all, if you have friends, it makes your stay many times better.
.
Top of my list is the Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia.

Why do I like it?
I like the long stretch of beach and the spacious feeling you get when you are there. People are friendly and relaxed, and they all seem to be in the holiday mood.

What is there to do?
There is plenty to do – theme parks, golf, fishing, shopping, eat. I love fresh bread. There are nice little bakeries in all the suburbs and it is easy enough to walk over in the morning and select your favourite bread, hot off the oven. Walk the entire length of the beach from Main Beach to Miami Beach. Go deep sea fishing.

Where to shop?
The shopping centres are great. There are enough differences in the way Harbour City, Pacific Fair and Robina have been set up, so each is a different experience. Carrara Markets is the place to go on a Saturday. There is plenty of everything, from fruits to T shirts and shoes.

Where to stay?
Accomodation is plentiful. You can always get a nice little apartment on a reasonable weekly rate, especially in the off-peak months. I try to stay a bit away from the central area of Surfers Paradise. I like Broadbeach and Burleigh Beach.

If you are there, take a short drive to Brisbane, the Sunshine Coast or even Fraser Island. In the meantime, visit www.sunzine.net/goldcoast/welcome.html. For a nice photo, go to http://www.yesaustralia.com.br/img/GoldCoastPhoto.jpg.

Gold Coast – beautiful one day, perfect the next. It has seduced me. One day, I may get to live there.

No comments: