Sunday 23 March 2008

Celebrating life

Most people celebrate their birthdays. I don’t. I am not here arguing for or against birthdays.
I tell people I celebrate my birthday everyday. Yes, that is true. My life, not withstanding the highs and lows, is worth a self-celebration every day. No, I don’t waste money on cakes and candles. I just go about my everyday life, telling myself how lucky and blessed I am to be alive.
There is nothing wrong in celebrating. After all, you have every right to do that.
I have a suggestion. Every time you celebrate a birthday, an anniversary, a wedding, a graduation, a promotion or an achievement, why not make a small donation to a charity as part of your celebration. Today I recommend the Fred Hollows Foundation http://www.fredhollows.org.au/

Till next time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.